Philosophy and Policy Platform
My first belief is that if elected, I am a voice for every person in my electorate. I believe that a politician’s job is to work for his/her constituents. I believe we are not elected to just put forward our own beliefs but, to take into account what is best for the community as a whole. If elected I will address the people on all important decisions. I believe communication, accountability and accessibility is the key to moving forward in a democratic, diverse society; together we can decide what is right and beneficial for all. Community driven policy and monthly forums.
If elected by you I will be accountable, fair, empathetic, hardworking and accessible. I will listen to you.
- A fair go, for everyone. Equal rights, opportunities and services in education and health.
- Accountability and transparency in government.
- Real representation in parliament with monthly open forums and community driven policy.
- Focus on tourism, agriculture, manufacture, education and art sectors for development of the north and Asian engagement.
- Support the creation of a Territory-owned cannery plant for mangoes and other fruits.
- Support the creation of Territory-owned brewery for beer and spirits with a focus on local raw materials
- Reintroduce euthanasia.
- Reinstate seniors travel entitlements.
- Reduce ex politicians entitlements.
- Support a halt to all fracking.
- Support investment in renewable energy, including solar, thermal, wind and tidal. This new industry has state of the art technology available. It will employ thousands of Territorians, and deliver safer more environmentally appropriate cheaper power. Renewable energy is the way of the future and we need to invest now.
- Higher rebates for home owners with solar energy. I will encourage major investment in renewable energies which will bring down the price of our power bills.
Only an independent can deliver on this. Both the CLP and the Labour have been corrupted by the big energy companies. The last Labour government calved up the Territory into fracking exploration licences. Without consulting the people.
Cost of living
- Evaluate all government policy to help Territorians reduce the cost of living.
- Create a weekend Farmers Market for local produce.
- No sale of Power and Water assets.
- Re-Establish Territory Government-owned insurance and banking institutions.
Law and order
Firstly people need to feel safe in their homes, children running a mock in the streets, vandalising, bashing and trerrorising the community is unacceptable. Prisons are a necessary evil however, we need to extend its purpose to quality rehabilitation, inclusion and education.
- Anger management education and divisional therapy, for all youth at risk.
- Prison Farms for low risk offenders.
- Compulsory trades for long term detainees.
- Introduction of billing schedule for prisoners to help cover costs of their incarceration.
- Development of more community engagement programs in sport, the arts and hobbies.
- Provision of recorded video cameras on all operational personal.
- Cap and reduce the number of poker machines in the Northern Territory
- Enforce the responsible service of alcohol laws in venues
- Increase funding for Night Patrol and alcohol, ice and heroin rehabilitation services
- Standardise takeaway liquor licences for local supermarkets and stores. We should be able to get a beer from our local corner store on a Sunday.
- Promote the establishment of local manufacture options for beer, wine and spirits
- Promote the establishment of smaller boutique bars and licenced restaurants.
- Establish a Transient Drinking Area in Darwin, providing basic facilities.
- Decriminalise the use of cannabis across the Territory.
- Teachers on one year contracts to be offered permanent jobs.
- Create personal development programs as a core component of the education system. More music, dance, art and sport in school.
- Provide playgrounds in primary school with equipment that offer risk taking
- Total revamp of the planning and environmental processes to allow real community input for appropriate sustainable growth.
- Create a strong, independent Environment Protection Authority.
- Support with light rail Darwin, Palmerston, the Rural area and beyond to Weddell.
- Major investment in renewable energy.
- Ban on fracking and strict regulations for mining, including higher rehabilitation bonds upfront.
- NT parliament has no Senate or House of Review. Whatever party is in simply stops fair debate and rams legislation through. History has shown that Independents in NT parliament keep the bastards honest.
- The major parties are on the nose because they take big money from big business. That’s the reason they don’t listen to you and I. It’s time to stop the rot. Vote 1 for your local Independent, for real representation in Parliament.
The above is merely my views on some of my policies. I will always listen to my electorate on any important decisions.